Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Front Page > breadcrumbs: News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

TEC #102 brings Nebraska Catholic students together to grow in faith, friendship

This story originally appeared in the student newspaper Xchange, and was written by Anthony Krick.

"Amen, amen, I say to you. Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat. But if it dies, it shall bear much fruit." -John 12:24.

I had the chance to witness the TEC #102 retreat on October 7-9th in Hastings, NE. Coming into TEC, I had no idea what to expect and no one had told me anything about it. My friends and I had been excited to go for a while, and I knew it would be a great weekend to exhilarate my faith life once again.

There were eight people from Pius who encountered Christ on TEC #102: Amy Reisher, Nathan Reisher, Annie Barie, Noelle Korta, Joseph Ho, Peter Foley, Tyler Taubenheim and myself. Amy Reisher was the only junior in attendance. Pius kids made up roughly 15% on the TEC candidates.

Taubenheim really enjoyed the experience of his very first retreat. "I felt like I was resurrected from the dead," Taubenheim said with a smile.

What surprised me the most was how many people came to this particular TEC from around Nebraska. A girl named Jessica Ramsey was in my group and she said that she went to a public school in Benkelman, NE. Mind you, Benkelman is four hours away from Hastings.

"It was a big step, but I know I was here for a reason," Ramsey said. Talk about courage to come all the way to a retreat without knowing any of the people who would be there.

Fr. Adam Sughroue (Doniphan) and Fr. Ben Holdren (David City) were the spiritual directors of TEC #102. Both played a key role by answering questions within discussions and providing the sacraments for the retreat.

Because there are various activities and surprises surrounding TEC, I do not wish to say everything. Rather, I hope and pray that all students have the chance to attend TEC in the future, or at least one faith involving retreat throughout their years of high school.

Let go and let God.

Pius X • 6000 A St. • Lincoln, NE 68510 • 402-488-0931 • Fax: 402-488-1061

Back To Top