Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Front Page > breadcrumbs: News >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Senior Snippets

This story originally appeared in the student newspaper Xchange, and was written by Adaline Rockenbach, Candy Hernandez and Rochelle Bose.

Trevin Alberts, a guy who’s positive, fun, and independent. Before Pius, Alberts went to St. Peter’s for grade school.

At Pius, he is involved in Ambassadors, Ambassadors leadership, Student Council and shoots trap. Outside of school he plays the guitar, bass, drums and shoots more trap.

His favorite class at Pius so far has been contemporary history because he’s learned a lot about America that most people wouldn’t even know.

Alberts is hoping to go to Doane University to shoot trap. He plans to major in Biology there.

His best memories at Pius would be going to the football games and the dances because he had fun dancing with friends and being in the student section.

Which is why, he’s going to miss seeing his friends every day after he graduates.

Some advice that he’d give to the freshman this year would be to enjoy high school while it lasts, it goes by so fast.

"Every day is a chance to get better." This is one of senior Grant Leber’s favorite quotes that he tries to apply to his everyday life but also to his favorite sport, soccer.

He has played soccer all four years at Pius X and has been on varsity since his sophomore year. Soccer is a huge part in his life. Leber plans on playing in college at Nebraska Wesleyan University.

"I play on the Gretna soccer team and on the Pius X team," Leber said. "I love playing for Pius X because I met a lot of people and they became some of my closest friends."

He expects nothing but success and hard work from himself and his teammates as well.

"This year our season is going to be our best," Leber stated. "We plan on going to State, we will be putting all the work in to have a great year so stay woke."

Ashley Nguyen is usually very shy but when she is comfortable enough she will let loose and her wild side will flow!

Ashley describes herself as weird, fun, and crazy once you are close friends with her. She enjoys reading, watching Netflix, and watching random YouTube videos in her free time.

Also, she has a lot of fun participating with the lion dance team at her church. The thing that Ashley said she will miss the most about Pius is some of her teachers.

Her favorite teacher is Mr. Scheffler. Her favorite class is Latin, "just because it is a very fun class," says Ashley.

One of the best memories she has of Pius X is making bottle rockets for a physics project because it was boys verses girls and the girls stomped the boys.

Ashley has been accepted into University of Nebraska Lincoln and doesn’t know yet what she wants to pursue a career in.

Her advice to the freshman is, "don’t feel pressured to be someone you’re not and don’t feel bad if you aren’t the most popular."

Pius X • 6000 A St. • Lincoln, NE 68510 • 402-488-0931 • Fax: 402-488-1061

Back To Top