Pius X High School has announced an attendance plan that allows limited spectators to safely attend, and cheer on, the Thunderbolt athletes and performers. With guidance from the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, the school has determined the following limits for attendance(as DHM allows, adjustments could be made):
- Attendance based on current health conditions and subject to changes. 0-2 immediate family members of participants.
- Basketball, Wrestling Dual, Bowling Dual – (2)
- Swimming – Pius does not have a pool or host home events, so will follow the home site rules.
- Home and visitor spectators will be limited to 2 immediate family members of participants. These immediate family members must live with the participant. Lists will be provided by Pius X and visiting schools and spectators will check in.
- Socially distanced space is identified for spectators in Flavin Gym. Spectators should sit with their family member who attends the event with them.
- Due to space restraints, only Pius X cheer and dance teams will be allowed to attend and perform in the Flavin Gym during basketball games.
- No student sections will be allowed to attend games.
- All home events will take place in the Flavin Gym, and will therefore be streamed by the school as technology allows at www.piusx.net/youtube
- No concessions will be sold at the game and no outside food or drink allowed.
- Face coverings or masks must be worn correctly (over nose and mouth) at all times upon entry.
To help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, all participants and spectators are asked to adhere to the following protocols:
- Self-screen before attending. If you feel ill or have symptoms, please do not attend.
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer, and observe social distancing.
Any questions may be directed to the Pius X Athletic Director, Greg Lesiak, at 402-488-0931 or email@example.com.