The ThunderBOLT Fun Run supports the ThunderBOLT Fun Run Endowment which allows grants to be given to Pius X sponsored activities, clubs and departments. If you would like to give a free will donation to support the cause of the ThunderBOLT Fun Run, please go to https://www.piusx.net/donate/ click on other and write in ThunderBOLT Fun Run.
Friday August 5, 2022
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Packet Pick up – Pius X Commons
Saturday August 6, 2022
- 7 – 7:30 a.m. – late registration/late packet pick up
- 7:45 a.m. – National Anthem and Opening Prayer
- 8 a.m. – 1 Mile
- 8:30 a.m. – 5K
- 9 a.m.- Breakfast and coffee served
- 9:30 a.m. – Awards
- Course Maps
- 5K Prizes: Awarded to the top 3 male and female runners, as well as the top male and female in each age divisions (13 and under, 14-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60 and 61+). One prize per person.
- 1 Mile Prizes: Ribbons awarded to the top 3 boys and girls.
- Special Spirit Prizes: There will also be a prize to the most outrageously dressed participant showing off their green and gold Pius X Spirit! (Think old track uniform, cheer outfit, band outfit, tutus, etc. Let’s go BOLTS!) As well, there will also be a prize for best alumni honor year reunion participation.
- All 1 mile participants must be a registered participant, even if you are accompanying a child.
- No dogs allowed.
- Strollers only allowed in the 1 mile.
- If you would like more information or would like to volunteer to be a medic, help with registration, breakfast prep, or be out on the course, please e-mail Kristin (Edwards) Heath ’91 or call 402-488-0931 Ext. 56132.
2022 Fun Run Sponsors
Chuck Clifford III ’74, State Farm AgentThe Duden Family – In memory of Bob Duden ’83
Dr. Douglas Fiedler ’90; Nebraska Pulmonary Specialties LLC
Kent Endacott ’83, Attorney at law
Leon’s Gourmet Grocer
Liberty First Credit Union
Lincoln Running Company
Nebraska Army National Guard
Peter Morin ’81, M.D
Scooter’s Coffee – Village Gardens
Walker Tire Point S & Quick Nick’s
ThunderBOLT Fun Run History
The ThunderBOLT Fun Run was established in 2011, and is held each August during the Alumni Reunion Weekend. The event features a 1-mile fun run/walk and a 5K held at Holmes Lake Park. The Fun Run is open to everyone – alumni, children, students, parents, grandparents and all friends of Pius X.
The funds raised from the event build the ThunderBOLT Fun Run endowment which provides a yearly grant to a special project of a Pius X academic department or school sponsored club or activity.
The first grant of the ThunderBOLT Endowment Fund was awarded in 2014 to the newly established Pius X Ambassador program. The mission of the Ambassador program is to create a kind and welcoming school environment where everybody is appreciated and valued because they are a child of God. A quote that has guided their inaugural year is, “Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.” – Jesse Jackson
In 2015 the second grant was awarded to the Consumer Science Department to purchase a new Husqvarna Emerald 115 sewing machine and also purchase 2 new 5-piece bake ware sets.
In 2016 the grant was awarded to the Speech Team to purchase new easels, visual aid carrying cases, poetry books and performance binders and plastic pages.
In 2017 the grant was awarded to the Pro-Life Club. In addition to awarding the grant in May, the ThunderBOLT Fun Run committee with matching funds from Booster Club was able to design, create and present the new Theo Mascot to Pius X High School to be used for years to come!
In 2018 we were blessed to give out 2 grants! One went to the PE department, and the other to the Girls Softball Team!
With your participation in the ThunderBOLT Fun Run each year, we are able to grow this fund each year to provide bigger grants to our school for all of our students to enjoy for years to come!