Schedule of Events
- Friday August 2, 2019
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – Packet Pick up – Pius X Commons
- Saturday August 3, 2019
- 7 – 7:30 a.m. – late registration/late packet pick up
- 7:45 a.m. – National Anthem and Opening Prayer
- 8 a.m. – 1 Mile
- 8:30 a.m. – 5K
- 9 a.m.- Breakfast and coffee served
- 9:30 a.m. – Awards
- Course Maps
- 5K Prizes: Awarded to the top 3 male and female runners, as well as the top male and female in each age divisions (13 and under, 14-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60 and 61+). One prize per person.
- 1 Mile Prizes: Ribbons awarded to the top 3 boys and girls.
- Special Spirit Prizes: There will also be a prize to the most outrageously dressed participant showing off their green and gold Pius X Spirit! (Think old track uniform, cheer outfit, band outfit, tutus, etc. Let’s go BOLTS!) As well, there will also be a prize for best alumni honor year reunion participation.
- All 1 mile participants must be a registered participant, even if you are accompanying a child.
- No dogs allowed.
- Strollers only allowed in the 1 mile.
- If you would like more information or would like to volunteer to be a medic, help with registration, breakfast prep, or be out on the course, please e-mail Kristin (Edwards) Heath ’91 or call 402-488-0931 Ext. 56132.
2019 Fun Run Sponsors
ThunderBOLT Fun Run History
The ThunderBOLT Fun Run was established in 2011, and is held each August during the Alumni Reunion Weekend. The event features a 1 mile fun run/walk and a 5K held at Holmes Lake Park. The Fun Run is open to everyone – alumni, children, students, parents, grandparents and all friends of Pius X.
The funds raised from the event build the ThunderBOLT Fun Run endowment which provides a yearly grant to a special project of a Pius X academic department or school sponsored club or activity.
The first grant of the ThunderBOLT Endowment Fund was awarded in 2014 to the newly established Pius X Ambassador program. The mission of the Ambassador program is to create a kind and welcoming school environment where everybody is appreciated and valued because they are a child of God. A quote that has guided their inaugural year is, “Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.” – Jesse Jackson-
In 2015 the second grant was awarded to the Consumer Science Department to purchase a new Husqvarna Emerald 115 sewing machine and also purchase 2 new 5-piece bake ware sets.
In 2016 the grant was awarded to the Speech Team to purchase new easels, visual aid carrying cases, poetry books and performance binders and plastic pages.
In 2017 the grant was awarded to the Pro-Life Club. In addition to awarding the grant in May, the ThunderBOLT Fun Run committee with matching funds from Booster Club was able to design, create and present the new Theo Mascot to Pius X High School to be used for years to come!
In 2018 we were blessed to give out 2 grants! One went to the PE department, and the other to the Girls Softball Team!
With your participation in the ThunderBOLT Fun Run each year, we are able to grow this fund each year to provide bigger grants to our school for all of our students to enjoy for years to come!
A huge ‘Thank You’ to all of our runners, sponsors and volunteers for another wonderful Fun Run on Aug. 4, 2018, our eighth such event so far!
The rain came in the wee hours of the morning, but a cool breeze, our ThunderBOLT spirit and God’s blessings pushed the rainy weather through our path, and it turned out to be a great morning for a run.
This year we had a record-breaking number of runners! Check out the sortable results below, browse our photo gallery and take our survey (coming soon).