Owning Your Faith
Students will be involved in many faith-based activities such as regular mass, adoration, confession, prayer time at the beginning of every class and more. But in order for students to thrive in their faith during and after high school, they are encouraged to make their faith their own!
Owning your own faith typically involves developing your own strategies for being open to God’s word (regular schedule of silent time, prayer, devotions, confession, etc.), and participating in faith-based activities that fit your personal interests (an activity that allows you to bond with other like-minded individuals, such as theater, music, sports and more).
When students graduate high school, a large part of their structured faith life (school) is removed. Anecdotal and scientific research focused on college students staying active in their faith points to them purposely seeking out a Newman Center at a university, or a Catholic bible study, or even becoming involved in the local Catholic church.
At Pius X, students have many opportunities to lay that foundation that transcends the normal high school experience, and is truly their own upon graduation.
Faith-based Activities at Pius X
Restore is an incredible night of Adoration that occurs the first Wednesday of every month from 7-8pm at Pius. Restore starts with a student testimony followed by adoration, confessions and praise and worship! There is social time with food after. Contact any member of Campus Ministry Team or Claire.Maly@piusx.net for more information.
Fall 2020: September 2, September 30, November 11, and December 2
Spring 2021: February 3, March 3, and May 5
- Advent 2020: 11/30, 12/7, 12/14
- Lent 2021: 3/5, 3/10, 3/19, 3/26
- Would you like to help by sharing your testimony or giving insight into Advent or Lent? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Mrs. Maly in the Campus Ministry office by the Commons!
Daily Mass- Monday through Friday 7:20am
- Before school: Monday 8:35-8:55 am and Tuesday through Friday 7:45-7:55 am
- After school: Monday through Friday 3:30pm until done
- Every Wednesday 7:45am – 3:35pm
- Every First Friday 7:45am – 3:25pm