Beyond the game-winning basketballs and go-ahead goals and gold-medal performances, there is the glory of using your God-given and nurtured athletic talent.
Pius X High School offers 19 sports over three seasons. Playing sports has many benefits, including learning the value of hard-work, teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline. Our athletic coaches encourage students to play multiple sports throughout the school year for health and strategy benefits.
First day of practice for winter sports – boys and girls basketball, wrestling, and boys and girls swimming and diving – Monday November 18.
First day of practice for spring sports – boys golf, girls tennis, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls track, and baseball – Monday March 2.
Athletics Announcements / Headlines
2019 – 2020 Admission Prices
- Varsity Games General Admission – $6
- Junior Varsity, (when not with a varsity game), Reserve (Sophomore) & Freshmen Games General Admission – $4
- 10 Punch Adult Athletic Ticket – $50
- Family 10 Punch Ticket – $120
- Varsity Games – K – 12 General Admission – $4
- Junior Varsity (when not with a varsity game), Reserve (Sophomore) & Freshmen Games General Admission – $3
- 10 Punch Student Athletic Ticket – $30
Pre–School – Free
Pius X Staff members & family – Free
Cheerleaders from visiting schools in uniform – Free
***Staff members from other schools with HAC Pass or Metro Conference Pass (staff member only), School Administrators, and coaches scouting from other schools – Free
LPS Student and Adult activity passes are not accepted for admission
LPS Senior Citizen Gold Card holders will be charged student prices.
Heartland Athletic Conference
Columbus (in 2020-21 seasons)
Lincoln North Star
How to refer to our school
Pius X High School has established brand guides to consistently identify our school, logo and teams. Out of respect, we ask all individuals and organizations follow these basic guidelines. See our complete brand guide.
- Our official name is Pius X High School (please remember to include the ‘X’). All references (first, second and beyond) shall include Pius X.
- When speaking, the ‘X’ is pronounced ‘the Tenth,’ and NOT as merely ‘X’. This represents our namesake saint, Pope Pius X (as he was the tenth pope with the Pius name).
- Our official mascot is the Thunderbolts.
- Our official logo is picture at top. The only color change option is to gray/black/white when necessary.
Theo the mascot
Theo the Thunderbolt is a popular figure at our sporting events. The ThunderBOLT Fun Run committee – helped by staff, volunteers and students – guided the design process, and Theo made his initial debut at the August 2017 ThunderBOLT Fun Run!