The Counseling Center strives to ensure that every student is given the opportunity to reach his/her full potential. Working in cooperation with faculty and administration, school counselors and guidance personnel assist students in their social, emotional and spiritual development, as well as provide realistic educational and career planning opportunities.
Contact us at 402-488-0931
Carla Kruml, Registrar
Sandy Hartman, Support Staff
Holly Poole, Support Staff
Amanda Ullman, Data and Services Coordinator
Education and Career Planning Opportunities
Our student information system is for students and parents. You can access:
- Planning your 4-year journey
- College possibilities
- Study Skills
- Careers interest & Personal activities (Naviance; ask a school counselor for login info)
Learn how students can earn scholarships to attend Pius X High School.
ACT Test Prep Opportunities
Get tips and links on how to prepare for life after high school graduation.
Students can earn college credits while in high school in a variety of ways, including Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
Job Shadowing for Seniors/Juniors
The program invites students to see first-hand how the skills learned in school relate to the workplace. Pick up a form in the Counseling Center.
Counseling Center Announcements
Students new to Pius X
Students currently attending another high school or homeschool are invited and encouraged to attend the New Student Open House on February 7, 2022. You are welcome to contact the Counseling Center at 402-488-0931 and speak to a counselor to have a tour, talk about Pius X and/or shadow a current student.
Important Information by Grade Level
- Junior Interviews (PDF) – Each junior and parents will meet with his/her counselor in January to discuss graduation, college, college testing, majors, careers and answer questions about the college process.
- Sophomore Presentation (PDF)
- PSAT – We have the registration forms in the guidance office. Check announcements for updated dates and times.