Student Council Election Information
What to know when applying
- Meetings are weekly before school.
- Attendance is important. Three unexcused absences will result in removal from council.
- There is some cost to being on Student Council. Members are expected to buy the yearly t-shirt and also pay/register for either the district or state Student Council convention (around $20-50).
- If you would like a copy of the Student Council Constitution to see exactly what else is expected of Student Council members, contact Mrs. Kelly, and she will get you a copy (email: email@example.com).
- You can now letter in Student Council, so consider your work ethic when applying.
Eligibility for Student Council
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Must be currently passing all classes
- Must not have more than 2 detentions in the current academic year
- Application form completed and turned in
- Three teacher evaluations completed
- All students interested in running for Student Council must complete and submit an application online no later 3:30 p.m. Friday, April 8, 2022.
- Applicants must distribute evaluations via email to three teachers. These evaluations must be completed by the teachers online. Teachers should complete evaluations by 3:30 p.m. Friday, April 8, 2022. Applicants are responsible for emailing the evaluation forms to their teachers and making sure that they have been completed. The teachers evaluation will automatically be emailed upon completion. Missing recommendations will result in zero points for the recommendations portion of the application.
- Elections will take place during 5th-period study halls.
- The date for Elections for Class Representatives is TBA.
- Anyone interested in an office position must first run for a representative class.
- The application process is weighted. The Student Body vote is 50% of the applicant’s total score. The application is 30%, and the teacher recommendations are 20%. After the votes are counted and the scores compiled, the representatives will be announced.
- Those announced as Class Representatives will be eligible to run for a class or student body office.
- After both representative and officer elections, the list of representatives will be posted on the office window and on the Pius website as soon as possible.
Officer positions open for election
Student Body Officer – Must have 1 year prior Student Council experience
- Student Body President
- Student Body Vice President
- Student Body Secretary
- Class President
- Class Vice President
- Each applicant is allowed a maximum of 10 posters. These must be signed by a sponsor. All language on the posters must be
positive and Pius-appropriate. There are no giveaways (candy, gum, stickers, locker signs, etc.) allowed.
- Campaigning for representative elections may begin on Friday, April 8, 2022, or when your complete application has been turned in.
- All applicants must remove all campaign posters at the end of each Election Day.
- Applications must be turned in before beginning your campaign.