Type: Dual Opponent: Lincoln East
Type: Triangular Opponent: Papillion-La Vista South”>Multiple Schools
Type: Triangular Opponent: Papillion-La Vista”>Multiple Schools
2020 Tryout Information
- March 9 & 10 – Tryouts will be from 3:40-5:30 pm at Pius X. If weather allows us to be outside, we will. If courts are wet, we will be in the gym. All players need to be at all tryout sessions.
- March 11 – Parent/player meeting for girls who make the team at 5:30 pm in the Pius X commons.
- All players must have a physical on file at Pius X in order to participate.
Ways to improve your game before tryouts
- Take lessons at Woods, Lincoln Racquet Club, or any other club throughout the city.
- Play tournaments – check USTA for a list of tournament opportunities throughout the state or check out this list of tournaments.
- Lift weights, work on strength, flexibility, and agility.
- Go to tennis camps and clinics.
- Play a lot of tennis. Play tennis every day.
Team Titles: 1988, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004
Class B No. 1 Singles
Class B No. 2 Singles
1998-Maggie Gabelman, Lincoln Pius X
1997-Maggie Gabelman, Lincoln Pius X
1996-Jeniffer Nigro, Lincoln Pius X
1995-Christina Nigro, Lincoln Pius X
1989-Jane Higgins, Lincoln Pius X
Class B No. 1 Doubles
2005-Stephanie Sutton/Elizabeth Sutton
1998-Christina Nigro/Jeniffer Nigro
1997-Christina Nigro/Jeniffer Nigro
1995-Nan Strait/Jeniffer Nigro
1994-Colleen Matisons/Nan Strait
1991-Aralea Witte/Christina Merten
Class A No. 2 Doubles
2017-Abby Sullivan/Brooke Shreve
2016-Brooke Shreve/Abby Sullivan
Class B No. 2 Doubles
1995-Sheana Karre/Jenny Heiser
1988-Cindy Hartman/Lucy Caputo
1982-Ann Byington/Bridget Spethman