Pius X Senior Service Hour Program
Faith in action is love, and love in action is service. By transforming that faith into living acts of love, we put ourselves in contact with God Himself, with Jesus our Lord.
-Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta
The purpose of the program is to give students an experience of faith in action and to promote a desire for humble service to the community and those in need. The program offers students the opportunity to promote the common good in accordance with Catholic social teaching and to serve the least of our brothers (Mt. 25:31-40). This includes practicing the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy, imitating Christ’s love through cheerful giving, and being active members of society. By sharing their time and talents with others, students will experience the fruit of love and the joy of living Christian holiness.
As service is an important element of the Catholic education and experience at Pius X High School, seniors are expected to complete a service requirement in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and to receive a diploma. The following guidelines apply:
- Complete and submit a minimum of 36 hours of volunteer service.
- Hours may only be completed at a pre-approved organization (see “Approved Hours and Organizations”).
- All hours must be submitted online through the service website with valid supervisor contact information.
- At least 9 hours must be submitted each quarter and are worth 10% of the theology grade per quarter.
- October 18th, 2019 – 9 hours completed for 1st quarter
- December 13th, 2019 – 9 hours completed for 2nd quarter; 18 total hours for semester one\
- March 5th, 2020 – 9 hours completed for 3rd quarter; 27 total hours completed
- May 8th, 2020 – 36 total hours
**Students who do not submit all 36 hours by May 8th will not be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony and will not receive a diploma until all hours are completed.**
**Hours are due by 3:25pm on the above dates.**
**Students who do not submit all 36 hours by May 10th will not be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony and will not receive a diploma until all hours are completed.**
Recording Hours for Credit
- All service hours must be accurately recorded online through Mobile Serve- app.mobileserve.com
- Students must submit the name and email address of the project supervisor.
- If your supervisor does not have an email, two forms of verification are required: geo-verification and an electronic signature on the mobile app. If you do not have access to the mobile app, reach out to the Campus Minister immediately for other verification options.
- It is the student’s responsibility to remind supervisors of the online verification process. Once verification is received from the project supervisor, hours will be eligible for approval by the Campus Minister.
- You must get verification from the Project Supervisor and approval from the Campus Minister to receive credit for the hours.
- Students are encouraged to submit hours immediately following each service project. Hours can be completed ahead of the quarterly deadlines.
International and Transfer Students
- International and transfer students are only required to complete 18 total hours of service.
- Quarterly deadlines DO NOT apply. All 18 hours must simply be completed and submitted by the final deadline on May 8th, 2020.
- All other guidelines apply.